Author Topic: powerpal hydro turbine measurements wanted  (Read 1469 times)

oregoncreek

powerpal hydro turbine measurements wanted
« on: May 11, 2006, 05:55:41 AM »
I'm building a powerpal type turbine and I need the measurements on the bottom part where the water flowes into the propelor.

I'm building a 250-500 watt version.

1. whats the angle on the steering fins? 45 degrees?
  2. what the measrements 2 x 3"?
  3. a. how many are there?
  4. what the outside circumfernce where the finns end, beween the 2 plates.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 05:55:41 AM by (unknown) »

Nando

Re: powerpal hydro turbine measurements wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 07:42:40 AM »
Oregoncreek:

I have followed your efforts with the stream you have and see with what you have in your photos your technical, mechanical capabilities and efforts.

I am, it seems, the only one that have responded to your messages, though you did not answer mine.

Your request about the PowerPal or the NIADE rarely gets a response.

First: You need to measure the water level and the head available, you can not say I want to build this power ( 250-500 watts) because no water info and your construction efforts say that you do not have those parameters available.

Second: Of all the photos you have the one with a pipe and a fan blade ;oregoncreek007; may be the closest to help you, though, it seems by the photo that the blades are across the pipe instead of being in line with the pipe.

One should use a Y adapter, one side straight and the other around 35 degrees to the straight part, you place the blades in the straight section and feed the water via the Y angled part and generator shaft going up the straight part ( you will need a good sealing scheme to avoid water going up )

Get good water proof ball bearings (ceramic will be ideal).

Measure the water volume and the head, send the info to me and I may be able to tell you what to use ( pipe diameter) blades size and cut for you to experiment.

Check your spelling and grammar prior sending a message, this way you may get good responses to your questions.

Nando

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:42:40 AM by Nando »

oregoncreek

Re: powerpal hydro turbine measurements wanted
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 12:39:54 AM »
Get good water proof ball bearings (ceramic will be ideal).

where do I get theses.

powerpal uses a rubber bearing.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 12:39:54 AM by oregoncreek »