Author Topic: Stalled Hydro dam project. [CLOSED]  (Read 1473 times)

Soapman

Stalled Hydro dam project. [CLOSED]
« on: April 06, 2008, 11:59:24 PM »
 Hi Eveyone. I've been on here on and off for a few years now. When a lady at work came to me(knowing my interest is renewable energy) I thought of you guys first. Her husband and her are trying to start and Hydro dam project on their property. They've come a long way towards getting it going but it seems to have stalled out. I'm not sure where the snag is but they've had every government official under the sun there. I'm not sure who all they've been in contact with but from what she's said it's been alot of people.

I should mention first this is in Ontario, Canada. Second that this isn't just for their house. I think she said it would produce enough energy for 30 or so houses. So it's more of a larger scale than most posted on here but I figure if anyone can help her, they'll be on here.

Here is the link to find her and information. www.foghorn.ca    Click on Herron mills. Also try www.foghorn.ca/herronmills.  Somewhere in the articles there is an e-mail address to contact her.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you

Bill

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 11:59:24 PM by (unknown) »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Stalled Hydro dam project.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 06:16:10 PM »
Bill;

It sure seems more sensible for "her" to get an account on "here" and present this herself.

The board is not really here to get help "off board". The whole point is to present ideas in an open forum so more ideas can be offered and discussed.

Just a much better approach to get better ideas.

Hope that made sense.

TomW

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:16:10 PM by TomW »

spinningmagnets

Re: Stalled Hydro dam project.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:29:12 PM »
Hi Soapman, I agree with TomW.

I am a newbie, but if this person finds the best solutions to a larger than average hydro system, many people can benefit if the discussion is posted here.

The most important parameters to post immediately are elevation between proposed feedpond head and lowest point of pipe outlet, and lowest/highest monthly flow rate. Plus, the specific problems they are now encountering. Also, what are the output goals? (more questions to follow...)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:29:12 PM by spinningmagnets »