Author Topic: good batteries?  (Read 1539 times)

greenkarson

good batteries?
« on: May 14, 2009, 12:56:55 AM »
just wondering if these batteries would be fine for running just a couple of lights and a small tv? I have a 24v aquair turbine. Still have to get charge controller and inverter. the batteries will be wired for 24 volts.  That brings on another question. My turbine "24v aquair" varies depending on water speed big rain storms etc. it varies from 10 volts dry summer and I'v seen it as high as 79 volts Dc after a big rain. just curious am I commited to a 24v system or can i just use a 12v charge controller and go with a 12 v battery bank?

thanks any info you can give will be appeciated.

ps.. here is a pic of my weir and pipe that my turbine is mounted in

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:56:55 AM by (unknown) »

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: good batteries?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 07:45:15 PM »
The "10 volts dry summer"?  I think it means you can not charge a 12V battery at that time.

The "I'v seen it as high as 79 volts Dc after a big rain"?  I think it means 79V open, and you would be fine with a 12V battery and 12V dump/diversion controller.

A 24V system may be better for half the year, but that is not important for the other half of the year.

Looks like it could be dammed up another foot?

Maybe restrict the wasted region around the prop?

The long way around.  A 1930s design Luftwaffe plane used that style surface. Otto Skorzeny used one for something famous, which is why I remember it is not good. It was probably a Junkers, and the corrugation was probably in line with the flow.  Wherever I saw it, it was serious enough to mention.

It would be much better if the pipe was smooth.

G-

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 07:45:15 PM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller