Remote Living > Lighting

My 12vdc LED Lights

<< < (3/5) > >>

wooferhound:
Yes ,  Fluorescent lights are still more efficient than LEDs. I could have bought more fluorescent lights from WalMart but the color off those lights isn't so great. Building with LEDs I knew that I could control the color better and they will last longer.

wooferhound:
 I think I saw where you mentioned about rebuilding the HF lights in another post and I had planned to try to rebuild my HF lights the same way as I already have a 5w plugin replacement tube to play with. But after opening up my HF lights I saw multiple burned components (resistors,transformers,diodes,circuit traces) that I decided to just start over with the $7 worth of LEDs that I got off FeeBay.
 Not sure if you know it Basil, but I ended up with a 12v 8D battery that you gave away over a year ago. It is my battery bank and I've had it hooked up since February '09.

wooferhound:
I've always been scared of using LEDs that are Rated in Watts. Seems to me that an LED that big would not have a long life or be as efficient.

Tritium:
Wolf,
Go to Cree's site and the Lumileds site and read some datasheets on the newer high power leds. They are very efficient. Some exceed fluorescent now.
Would you like a few to play with? I still have some left over from group buys at candle power forums but the current generation is even more efficient.
Thurmond

DamonHD:
Hey, I'd love a couple to play with if you'll let me send you some money, and after W has had whatever he wants.  What sort of Volts/Watts are they?
Rgds
Damon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version