Author Topic: Has anyone used Zadro cfl's?  (Read 2038 times)

whatsnext

Has anyone used Zadro cfl's?
« on: July 12, 2005, 11:50:01 PM »
They have three different types. A 15watt with three U shaped tubes. A 12watter that looks like a normal frosted bulb and a 3watt small base bulb that is teardrop shaped. They marked them all down to $0.99 . They start out kind of purple but then get nice and white. I love the cooler Phillips(expensive) as much as I dislike the blueish chinese cfl's(cheap) but these have almost the same color as a halogen. I have no way to test their longevity so I'm hoping someone else here has used them and can give me a heads up before I go buy a lifetime supply. The boxes are marked 'CONSERViT'. I can't find a "made in anywhere' on the box, bulb, or instruction.

Thanks in advance, John..........
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 11:50:01 PM by (unknown) »

pyrocasto

Re: Has anyone used Zadro cfl's?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 06:54:32 PM »
I HATE my cheapo chinese cfls too. Extremely cool light. Like a white LED, but worse.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 06:54:32 PM by pyrocasto »

whatsnext

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 08:56:24 PM »
I know what you mean. I doubt that they put out half the light that they claim and it's such a weird blue color that's it's tough to deal with. They also take their sweet time warming up. On the other hand I have yet to have one go bad, which I wish they would, so they're fine for places like closets or a basement. I have some Technabrights that started off purple, like my new ones, and eventually turned slightly tan just like the Phillips bulbs. If I thought these bulbs were as good as the Technabrights I'll buy them all.

John......
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 08:56:24 PM by whatsnext »

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 11:54:16 PM »
careful with those lights--i droped mine on my table a while back--it didnt break -so i screwed back in--seemed to  work fine..so i walked out of the shop with the light left on..came back a few minutes later and the light was dimm and smoking..dont know if it would have caught on fire--but the base of it was real hot..................
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 11:54:16 PM by hiker »
WILD in ALASKA

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 11:18:57 AM »
  Now that you mentioned it ...I think about the

same thing happened to me as I think back, I did

accidently drop it on the table when I was putting

a cfl in but it didn't do as you described until the

next day. That was over the

kitchen sink...so I switched back to a 24 inch

regular fluroscent tube which I like the color

better anyway.

( :>) Norm.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 11:18:57 AM by Norm »

whatsnext

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 09:55:38 PM »
Anyone want any of these? They have about fifty left. About two thirds of them are the 15watters with the exposed tubes. The other third are the 11 watt models with the light bulb shaped cover. $.99 each plus tax and freight. The little three watt candella style are kind of lame, I think because the bulb cover blocks too much light, but maybe I'm just not used to seeing how 'intense' a 3 watt bulb is. Maybe the bulb cover could be removed. I may have to try that.

John.......
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 09:55:38 PM by whatsnext »