Author Topic: Boat+truck+65mph+2hrs=battery charge?  (Read 1399 times)

imwithhappy

Boat+truck+65mph+2hrs=battery charge?
« on: June 11, 2007, 11:10:41 PM »
I have had this crazy idea running through my head about rigging up some kind of generator to the deck of my bass boat to give my deep cycle trolling motor batteries a boost on the 2hr+ drive home from the lake.  I have been looking at this site for days and haven't seen this idea yet...  I figure that if I am driving at 65mph and have 2 full hours of time that I could make some sort of generator that would allow me to not have to "plug in" the boat when I get home.   I already have an onboard Minn Kota (MK25) 2 bank battery charger/maintainer but I would like to alleviate the plugging in at home as this charger only gives 3amps per bank and takes forever.     Anyone have any ideas on where to start?  DC motor and blade assembly and direct to batteries or AC motor and blade assembly to on board charger.   I was thinking about a high rpm motor but I am not an engineer and it gets fuzzy after that.  BUT, I am willing to learn and try this because I think it would be a bit of fun to try something new.  

ps: i was looking into the small solar panels but the wattage output is not nearly enough for my 2 deep cycle batteries.

Stupid. Not even close to being RE. I hate bass boats too.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 11:10:41 PM by (unknown) »