Author Topic: Wiring  (Read 1207 times)

mustang19432001

Wiring
« on: June 27, 2007, 02:33:35 AM »
I know this question leaves out several variables... but here I go:

I have an old satalite dish I haven't used in a while... where this dish is located is a prime location for a solar tracker. The existing cable is the main concern. I don't know the guage of the wire but it goes straight to the basement where I'd locate the batteries. The problem is that I'm not sure if the cable can handle the solar array... or more importantly how much it can handle... Funky forum I know, but that's all I have to go on for the moment.

Thanks in advance. Mustang

There are none so empty as those who are so full of themselves. Yours Truely.

Already asked and got an answer, I don't get it?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 02:33:35 AM by (unknown) »

wdyasq

Re: Wiring
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 08:48:57 PM »
Mustang,

To get any results you need to give folks some material to work with. The clairvoyant seldom give advice here and those who will give advice without parameters are either stupid, ignorant or both.

If this is the same unit as here:

http://www.fieldlines.com/story/2007/6/25/42144/8352

And, you get some answers .... they will still be guesses. If there were justice in this world the editor will kill this post. and require you to post again with enough flipping information so someone might help you.

Of course another justice might be for somebody to give you the answer you want, you destroy the equipment, post your experiences and a few folks think twice about giving ignorant and/or stupid advice. But, there is little justice on the Internet as I still get spam on a regular basis.

Ron

« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:48:57 PM by wdyasq »
"I like the Honey, but kill the bees"