Author Topic: Has anyone tested this 6000/12000 Watt inverter?  (Read 2425 times)

miata2k

Has anyone tested this 6000/12000 Watt inverter?
« on: September 13, 2007, 05:23:40 PM »
I found a 6000 watt inverter on ebay for around $350 US, and I'm wondering if anyone has tested this out to see if it was junk or not.  It is listed as the PI6000, but I've seen it listed as made in China and sold as other brand names.

I'm looking at it for a mobile application to run a microwave and some small appliance or power tools on a limited duty.  It will either be portable or mounted in my van, and will be hardwired to a set of auxiliary batteries.  My thinking here it to buy something overkill and hope it last longer when being under utilized, but maybe I'm wrong.

Here are some pictures of the PI6000, or what ever it called.

Here is the eBay search for the completed auctions:

Ebay Search for the completed listings

I'm a bit worried about the power cables for this device, 6000 watts at 12 volts is 500AMPS!  That just seems a bit crazy for one device.  That would need at least 2 -2/0 cables for + and -.  Unless I could find 00000 cable somewhere.  I wish they had a 48v version.

Thanks,

Chuck

No link to the actual auction. I guess you get what you pay for. Is this junk inverter worth the inflated cost? Nobody can tell you. Probably already bought it.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 05:23:40 PM by (unknown) »