Author Topic: another small dual rotor [DUPLICATE CLOSED]  (Read 1122 times)

westwinds

another small dual rotor [DUPLICATE CLOSED]
« on: June 06, 2008, 04:00:33 AM »
                                                                                                                                                                           So I have been reading this board since this last winter, and finally decided to post my new home-made wind alternator. I want to build a 10 footer or somewhere around that, so this one is just for experience and learning.                                                                              24 magnets total(1"x1"x1/2"), 2 rotors,9 coils with 120 turns of 18 gauge scrap motor wire, the stator is just over 3/8 thick, and has both ends coming out, but I have it wired for star.                                                                                  I used 1 1/4" galvanized pipe for most of it, except for the rotating pipe which is 1 1/2". The tail is a 3/4" pipe, and has a horizonal axis rotating tail for furling, which seems to work really well. I just put more washers on the bottom of it to furl it later. I can really see the furling working in the gusts, sometimes it's just totally sideways.                                                                              I have it hooked up for 24 volts, and the most I have seen is about 8 amps, but more like 1 to 3 amps most of the windy days. It is only mounted at 15 feet high, which is temporary, so I can try different rotors and adjustments. It has been up for about 2 months now, and so far so good. Have a few pictures to show, hope I made them right size.                                                                                

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 04:00:33 AM by (unknown) »