Author Topic: Axial flux wind machine on a guyed lattice tower  (Read 1230 times)

Windy Steve

Axial flux wind machine on a guyed lattice tower
« on: January 09, 2008, 02:17:43 AM »
Has anyone put an axial flux wind machine on a guyed lattice tower? If so how is the tower cable configured?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 02:17:43 AM by (unknown) »

clflyguy

Re: Axial flux on guyed lattice tower
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 09:11:20 AM »
Answers; (1)Yes   (2)It depends.

Look to your right, No not that far, on the screen, there you go... Now see

where it says "Google search the board"? Click on that and type in "guyed lattice

tower" BEHOLD!!!

P.S. Sorry, I'm only a smartass sometimes. There is a massive wealth of information

available on this site. Search, Read, then, and only then, Ask. On the other hand

though, feel free to express any wild idea about RE you may have. It may get shot

full of holes, or inspire a new direction of thought, you never know....  -Gus

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 09:11:20 AM by clflyguy »

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: Axial flux wind machine on guyed lattice tower
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 12:32:34 PM »
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 12:32:34 PM by SparWeb »
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

Windy Steve

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 07:29:15 PM »
 I guess you only read the first part of my question. Your right there is lots of information concerning guyed towers and I suppose I did not give enough information for the second part

So he here I go again. After searching the board I did not find any information (please forgive me if I overlooked it) on how the power cable is routed down the guyed tower. I have seen it run down the steel pipe on a tubular tilt up. The axial flux has no slip rings so the twists in the power cable have to be periodically taken out like some European machines right? So I'm guessing the cable is exposed, which then the cable is susceptible to UV or it is either in metal or PVC (which could build up static electricity because it could not be grounded). Is there a junction box or some other kind of access on the conduit run to take the twist out?

Please be patient with me I am new to this board but I am not new to small wind.

Thanks,  Windy Steve  

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 07:29:15 PM by Windy Steve »

kurt

• website
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 08:51:45 PM »
um you need to read the how to use the board section  http://www.fieldlines.com/special/faq

we have a 150KB and a max of 640 x 480 pixels limit on photos posted on the board. otherwise they will be removed. i am leaving this one for now because i would have to remove your entire comment to remove it and that would interfere with you getting your question answered but don't be surprised if another editor comes by and removes your comment with the picture in the future because it causes  a formating headache for some browsers and is not nice to dialup users.  

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 08:51:45 PM by kurt »