Author Topic: wind gen plans  (Read 803 times)

Hugh

wind gen plans
« on: January 19, 2008, 04:05:31 PM »
I think I'm finally ready to try to get one in the air. I sourced out a supply of of 12 volt, 135AH deep discharge sealed lead acid batt. (free) A good friend is willing to help with the metal work, at a very reasonable price. In march I,ll be moving out to 2 acres in Campbellford ON..

I think 48volts is the way to go and was wondering if the stator in the one offered at otherpower can accomodate this. There isnt a lot of wind but 5 to ten mph isnt that unusual. (as per weather stats) This property sits in a channel that funnels the wind.

Otherpower refers to a template for the rotor layout that I cant seem to find, I swear I saw it a few years back.

Any and all help would be very much apprciated

Hugh

« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 04:05:31 PM by (unknown) »

rippersoftware

Re: wind gen plans
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 09:14:45 AM »
Magnet rotor templates for round or rectangular are here:

http://www.forcefieldmagnets.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_30

RipperSoftware

« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 09:14:45 AM by rippersoftware »

richhagen

Re: wind gen plans
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 01:14:17 AM »
The folks out at Otherpower make stators for 48V nominal battery charging for their wind turbines, in fact DANB's system at his house is 48V.  They have posted pretty detailed descriptions of their design and build process for most every type of turbine they have built.  It is one of the great resources of this site.  From the main page at otherpower.com, scroll down to the bottom of the page where you will see a bunch of links.  One of them on the right side is 'wind'.  They have archived lots of data on many of their wind turbine projects here, as well as some facts on different aspects of wind power and building wind turbines.  Rich

The direct link to it is:

http://www.otherpower.com/otherpower_wind.html

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 01:14:17 AM by richhagen »
A Joule saved is a Joule made!