Author Topic: ac alternator  (Read 407 times)

indigenousquy

ac alternator
« on: December 12, 2004, 09:07:15 PM »
hello all...im kinda new to this so bare with me please.  ok so im working on a ac alternator. right now i have 8 neo magnet 3/4 x 1/2 x 1/4 im just wondering what kind of set up should i have to get the most power out of them, wha gauge wire?, how should they be spaced? i want to put them on a metal disk ranging from 6 to 8 inches in diameter plus i want both sides of the magnet to be exsposed so i can use the other side of the magnet for another set of coils if it is possible... feel free to comment on anything else i would need.  im trying to creat a propetual alternator i can't really go into details about it, but any advise would be great....

X quantum world X

« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 09:07:15 PM by (unknown) »

picmacmillan

Re: ac alternator
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 02:48:06 PM »
the magnets you have are kinda small and you don't have that many so, i think you wouldn't be able to use both sides of the magnet per say, as the airgap would be too large in my opinion to be used for what you want......i am using #14 awg magnet wire for my genny but just about any wire can be used...the larger your steel plate the more power you can get proportionally to the blade diameter or wind swept area..  , the more magnets and the bigger magnets will get you more power also.....i am very vague here.....any body else want to take a kick at the can?.. :) pickster
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 02:48:06 PM by picmacmillan »

richhagen

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 03:29:45 PM »
While no one has ever built a perpetual anything to date, lots of useful wind generators have been built.  The Dan's have quite an array of projects posted in the Wind Section off of the main page (www.otherpower.com).  That is a great place to start as you can see the design and construction of several types of axial permanent magnet alternators that were used in those turbines.  Rich Hagen
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 03:29:45 PM by richhagen »
A Joule saved is a Joule made!

indigenousquy

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 08:33:02 PM »
what if i used a magneto in a way with a solenoid??.....how much gauss/force would i get out of thw magneto?....it says 10,000v but i don't know the current??..
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 08:33:02 PM by indigenousquy »

indigenousquy

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 08:46:52 PM »
also what if i could get this machine running @ 3,000 - 20,000 rpms? and what size magnet ( neo of course ) would i need to get like 200amps....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 08:46:52 PM by indigenousquy »