Author Topic: you said this was easy juice  (Read 440 times)

melthesender

you said this was easy juice
« on: July 07, 2004, 01:25:34 PM »
you said this was easy i guess i'm just that new to this i'm not really into wind power though doen'st some one have an easy to make steam motor or how to make a cow turn a genrater there are tons of power options to choose from. Don't mean to be an ass just you need a beginners area or somthing again i'm sorry for being an ass
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 01:25:34 PM by (unknown) »

melthesender

Re: you said this was easy juice
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 01:31:50 PM »
i'm sorry i'm new i don't even know how to use mirc yet i failed to use it any help on that would help me god i sound pethetic
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 01:31:50 PM by melthesender »

melthesender

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 01:35:44 PM »
umm didn't mean to be a jerk i was just trying to get my point across think out side the box you know don't ban me plz
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 01:35:44 PM by melthesender »

BrianK

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 03:31:00 PM »
I my self is a dumdum the people that are members of this site will be very glad to help you with questions if needed.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 03:31:00 PM by BrianK »

Demetri

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 04:01:42 PM »
I may start a flame war with this one, so have your fire extinguishers ready. :-)

First off, relax. You didn't say anything wrong; you weren't being a jerk or an a$$. Welcome to the board. :-)

It's a sad truth that alternative energy is not easy, nor cheap. I have my house off grid because I love the independence. The power grid here is completely unreliable, and even if it were, I like being self sufficient.

The first step in going off grid is reducing your current energy usage. Is every bulb in your house fluorescent(compact or otherwise), or a horribly inefficient incandescent? Incandescent bulbs are actually space heaters that produce light as a byproduct of their main function, making heat. Do you turn lights off when you leave a room? Is your house well insulated? Weather sealed doors and windows, insulated hot water pipes and furnace ducts? Insulated hot water heater? Timer on your water heater to shut it off when everyone's asleep? Lots of things can be done. Much easier to save an amp of power than to generate an amp of power.

I recommend that you visit (http://www.otherpower.com), the site that started all of this. LOTS of great info there. Stick around, you'll have fun.

Demetri

« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 04:01:42 PM by Demetri »

sean

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 04:48:28 PM »
Every is easy when you nkow how. We all have to learn at the beggining and yes its easy to make energy (electricity) from the wind but it depends just how much you want to make. For hobby and working on a small scale its not that hard to make a few volts and a couple of hundred miiliamps...hey i bet thats how a lot on this board started out!...Sean

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.amesbury/homepage.htm
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 04:48:28 PM by sean »

devoncloud

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 06:36:43 PM »
There are all sorts of ways to make electricity.  If wind is not for you and you are by some running water, you can do a hydro plant.  They are easy and just about the most efficient out there.   If you just want to build a generator, Hugh Piggot has some great books for sale cheap.  He even sells the specs for one for about twenty bucks.  There is no easy way to get over the first learning curve.  You just have to know that you are going to spend alot of time on it and jump right on in.  I understand your frustration, I am pretty new myself, but I bought lots of books to study up on magnetic properties, how flux is harnessed to make electricity, how to guage rotor size, and more.  You just got to get out there and do it if that is what you want or dont if you think it is too much work for you.

devon
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 06:36:43 PM by devoncloud »