Author Topic: Where O Where did my little post go????  (Read 291 times)

jorjenzak

Where O Where did my little post go????
« on: May 19, 2005, 08:33:02 PM »
I had posted a request to visit the Otherpower mills and possibly visit with some of the folks behind this great site......after a couple private emails went unanswered.  I posted originally under Wind.  It was shortly thereafter moved to Rants & Opinion.  It lasted a couple days and now its gone.  With no reponse.

What gives?

Have I somehow inadvertantly offended someone by asking to get an up close look at some actual homebrewed mills and visit with the folks that build and promote them????

I hope not.

:^<

« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 08:33:02 PM by (unknown) »

tesla man

mine as well..
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 04:32:24 PM »
I had a post last night deleted as well..I am not sure as to what I did..does the person who deletes or manages this site, ever give feedback, on what policy was violated, or reason for the deletion?..if I violated something, I am not sure as to what it was..

if I did, it was truly by mistake..I would like the opportunity to at least correct /edit the post to acceptable standards, or conditions..

« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 04:32:24 PM by tesla man »

ADMIN

Re: Where O Where did my little post go????
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 05:39:08 PM »
No, no, we're very nice and friendly up here, we do accept visitors---it's just not appropriate to post such things on the board when our personal email is so readily available on every page of the board. We don't want all 3,573 discussion board members showing up on memorial day weekend, plus thousands of non members who are reading from google!

:~)

This sort of question is best asked by sending an email to the link provided at the bottom of every page here, as suggested in the prompt reply to your posting--our whole staff will get any email you send. We TRY to watch every post on the board and answer promptly, but sometimes none of us can even look at this board for 2-3 days at a stretch. So thanks to wdyasq for filling in for us with the timely, correct reply. Your post was removed after 48 hours for the same reason....and my reply here will also be removed after a couple days.

We all live in a very remote area because we like it that way......our shipping office and retail store in town have office hours and can be visited during those. If you visit up here, you are visiting our houses and we must personally accomodate your visit, and our dogs must approve of you also ;~) It also must be individually arranged as to what day you will be there -- we are not here every day, and if you miss us, you may be stranded in the wilderness by taking a wrong turn. Bring survival gear!

Anyone who is interested in visiting, please contact us by email. Thank you for being considerate.

ADMIN

« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 05:39:08 PM by ADMIN »

ADMIN

Re: mine as well..
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 07:32:45 PM »
I've reviewed the links you provided, and stand by the decision to delete your post. It contained "too much spurious science and perpetual motion fallacy." This board is dedicated to practical renewable energy ideas that work. We depend entirely on solar and wind energy up here to run our homes and our business. We've never met a perpetual motion / overunity enthusiast that lives off grid -- such folks are destined for reading by candlelight if they were to move up here to OUR reality. Overunity/perpetual motion posts are not allowed on our board.

Currently there seems to be a trend towards confusing wood gasification, which uses the high-temperature splitting of water from the wood charcoal into hydrogen to enrich it's fuel, with "water power from hydrogen." Note that "C" is a required element for this reaction. The concept is the same, but the measurement of power is being used vs. produced is not being measured correctly by overunity enthusiasts. People that live off grid appreciate ANY Watt that comes their way, and don't have time for things that don't bump the amp-hour meter up towards full.

The chemistry is: In a wood gasifier, the carbon is from the charcoal, and besides enriching the gas, water is used used for cooling the chamber also. If you can get the temperature inside to 1650 deg F, the reaction is C + H2O = CO + H2. At 935 F, the reaction is C+2H2O = CO2 + 2H2. It takes LOTS of energy to get the chamber this hot, so there are efficiency issues that are not being addressed on these websites. For some real wood gasification and hydrogen splitting info from the trenches, see:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WoodGas/

You don't have to be scientist to build this stuff -- but you have to measure your input and output accurately.

RE http://pesn.com/ -- Cool article about Fairchild. Spurious free energy links. Any efficient way to make and store hydrogen is great for everyone in the world, however it's a very inefficient way to convert and store energy right now. Hopefully it gets better with research. This URL is fine, except for all the perpetual motion links from the site.

all of:

http://jlnlabs.online.fr/bingofuel/html/aquagen.htm

http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/9805031

http://www.blazelabs.com/n-aquagen.asp

I've been doing this experiment since Jr. High School. Yes, it's easy to make hydrogen at home. It's currently a very inefficient way to use H electricity for storage. People on some of these sites who say they've achieved more than 100% efficiency are not taking their measurements correctly, they need to get much more scientifically rigorous for people to pay attention. If you want to see some real cutting edge solar-to hydrogen conversions, with GOOD math, check out this and their links beyond:

http://www.colorado.edu/news/releases/2004/326.html

ADMIN

« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 07:32:45 PM by ADMIN »

jorjenzak

Re: Where O Where did my little post go????
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 06:58:21 AM »
Thanks Dan.....that answers my question.  Sorry for any annoyance I might have caused.  

I did email twice with no reponse over a week ago.....my trip was fast approaching so I felt posting in open was the best way to get a response.  I can be a bit aggressive I suppose....part of my training.  

Thanks again...emailed my response.

:^D

PS....now I wish there was a function under the user controls to delete or edit posts.....dooooh....

« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 06:58:21 AM by jorjenzak »