Author Topic: submititing smaller pictures  (Read 234 times)

TorchLitHill

submititing smaller pictures
« on: August 30, 2005, 08:36:40 PM »
Earlier I was having trouble submiting my pictures, at first I believed that it was because of the file type, I was trying to upload pictures that I had made up useing the windows paint program, these were in bitmap file type, large file size, because I don't read alot when useing programs, I didn't realize that in paint program there is a drop down menu when (save picture as), is prompted, it gives you the obtion to pick the format that you want, so if you choose jpeg instead of bitmap, the file size will be only 40 some kb instead of a whopping meg or larger when saving it as bitmap.

This also works for people who want to send large digital photos that are not in a smaller file size.

This is how I found to reduce these for easier uploading.

If you have a picture from your camera that you would like to reduce in file size for uploading.

Step one, open the picture that you want to change

Step two, at the bottom of the veiwer, is an icon that says close this program to edit, its next to the question mark, press this.

Step three, choose paint as program you want to use.

Step four, click save as in the file drop down menu.

in the save as box, first rename this picture to another name or you will loose your first picture, under this, just scroll down to a smaller file size, I choose jpeg , and click save, you now have a smaller photo that you can post, saving alot of time.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 08:36:40 PM by (unknown) »