Author Topic: hello all :)  (Read 204 times)

kal9000

hello all :)
« on: February 15, 2006, 01:38:32 AM »
Hello all.

im new to the game of homebrew power, but i have been a big fan of the ideal for quite a while, i probably have different reasons for wanting to learn about this stuff. you all seem to live out in the American (i assume) wilderness with no hope of getting grid power, thus you have to provide for yourselves. i however live in a village in england that is well supplied with power, gas, waterm, and is within 10 miles of several towns and citys. so my motive is not isolation, but the increcing energy costs and my own desire to become self sustaining.

so i have a few questions:

1. , What kind of internatonal mix do we have here? as i say with measurments all in inches then i assume US. and are all of you motivated by isolation or by the worry of bills, or the satisfaction that you are providing for yourself.
  2. , Am i acctualy welcome...and/or using the board properly...the section was abit of a guess but this one seemed the most general one and i also notice HTML is avalable, butis it NEEDED to post properly (guess we will find out when i do - hope there is an edit :D)
  3. , As i still live at home, this is not my house or land, thus i cannot do anything BIG  such as irrecting a 40ft mast with a windturbine ontop, but what other small domestic ways are there to make my own power for the house in whoe or part.

UK planning effectivley forbits home owners from fitting their own electrical systems...i.e. even if this was my own house i wouldnt be able to rewire this house (for instance if it had old colour wire's) i would have to get a qualifies electritian to do it. but for a small system i.e. just for one room, or device in particular (like  charging batts to run my PC and laptop without mains est 1kW for both (damn 19" CRT) i shudnt imagine a small system of any kind would need any aproval?

anyway ive gone on toolong now, theres enough there to probably keep this post active for a LONG time. for now farewell

and again...i hope ive done this right XD

« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 01:38:32 AM by (unknown) »