Author Topic: New Respect  (Read 202 times)

wdyasq

New Respect
« on: February 28, 2006, 02:42:16 AM »
Dennis Weaver died. Although I quit watching TV in 1972 I knew him as 'Chester' in "Gunsmoke".  Most actors, IMO, are more manure than substance.  Maybe second only to career politicians in this regard. Again, this is my rant and my opinion.  From this link:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1668633&page=2

I found an amazing passage:

Off-screen, Weaver served as president of the Screen Actors Guild and was a vegetarian and activist for environmental and charitable causes.

He served as president of Love Is Feeding Everyone, which fed 150,000 needy people a week in Los Angeles County. He founded the Institute of Ecolonomics, which sought solutions to economic and environmental problems. He spoke at the United Nations and Congress, as well as to college students and school children about fighting pollution.

His "Earthship" home was the most visible of Weaver's crusades. He and his wife, Gerry, built the solar-powered Colorado dwelling out of recycled tires and cans. The thick walls helped keep the inside temperature even year-round.

--------

I think I'll have a bit more respect for the deputy. BTW, his home was in Ridgeway, Colorado.  That is in the Southwest section.

Ron

« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 02:42:16 AM by (unknown) »
"I like the Honey, but kill the bees"