Author Topic: Do alternaters, still recharge a vehicles battery? even if it was made after 1990?  (Read 200 times)

decgrl82

Ok, I have searched all over the internet to find an answer an I am not too good on the computer so even if I could come accross the answer, I probably just missed it somewhere...

I recently left the radio on in my vehical, and my husband has it rigged funny where it doest work when you first start the car, you have to use a switch, Well, I used it and forgot to turn it off.

He jumped all down my throat of course cause I "killed the battery"

I told him before he freaks out, to just jump start the car and see if it starts then we'll just ride it around for a bit.

he precided to tell me that alternaters no longer recharge the battery (now my husband knows nothing, and he claims that his grandfather informed him of this and that any veical manufactured after 1990 will no longer recharge,) I do not think that his grandfather is the "be all end all"  so can someone tell me if this is true or not, so that I can get my husband to shut up and just try jumpstarting the car?

I have a 1997 mercury sable. so it being after 1990,,, he wont try it, someone let me know please!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YA'LLS TIME.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 11:18:36 PM by (unknown) »