Author Topic: IRC user information  (Read 196 times)

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
IRC user information
« on: May 13, 2007, 02:46:16 PM »
Well, guys, I kept it going at this ISP as long as I could. For the last time the server rebooted on a power failure at my ISP. Considering I gave them a UPS to specifically avoid this and they seem to be using it otherwise I am going to eventually stop running it on this ISP. I have a couple other options but until Fink gets back from his trip to Guemes and fishing I cannot get the changes to addresses done. I am swamped at the farm with massive failures due to lightning while i was wasting time and money on vacation, so this was the last straw as it were.

Suffice it to say after several years of doing this and just depositing the checks for the user fees I am ready to retire to New Zealand and help Allan on his fruit farm. Maybe sneak over and see Bruce, too.

Usually by now the backup server would be running but I see it is not.

I have just run out my string on this and am tired of duct taping and wiring it together every time the ISP pulls a boner. I really wanted to keep this local to me but reliability is not very good so time to pack the tent and pitch it elsewhere.

Anyway, just a post to let folks know whats going on with that. I will run it as is until I get a new hosting option but reliability will not be there.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 02:46:16 PM by (unknown) »