Author Topic: Global Climate change  (Read 198 times)

wdyasq

Global Climate change
« on: September 23, 2007, 04:19:28 PM »
As I read about the new global warming I can't help but remember the last great crisis, the "New Ice Age" that was to hit about.... now.

http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id=2752676

Things like this sure make one wonder. Of course all of our data is less than 200 years old or speculation. And, the climate is under continual change.

Some of my views are not shared by others. One is an ex-politician who sells carbon credits, rides about in private jets, buys some of the carbon credits he sells to offset his lavish abode and lifestyle and uses the media to advance his scare tactics and agenda. (while enriching his bank account).

I'm not saying we shouldn't reduce waste and conserve resources that are quite possibly limited. But, I think the scientists are using a very short ruler to predict quite complicated processes. And, I have my doubts if they have the proper knowledge and equations to solve a 'problem' that a blown database may have falsely created.

However, it the politicians continue to 'educate' the masses to the level they do today and use whatever tools they have to stay in power rather than serve in the interests of the folks who elected them, this should be expected.

Bringing cheer,

Ron

« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 04:19:28 PM by (unknown) »
"I like the Honey, but kill the bees"

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Global Climate change
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 10:47:55 AM »
Ron;

I really wish you would make these Diaries. Mostly because they really are not topical.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:47:55 AM by TomW »