Author Topic: Why OH why  (Read 346 times)

wpowokal

• Far North Queensland (FNQ) Australia
Why OH why
« on: May 20, 2003, 09:19:16 AM »
I personally find the new board, warts and all better, why continue to populate the old board. Sure this one is different but it offers conciderable enhancements and anybody skilled enough to build wind gennie can master this board, so please support our hosts and make the move.

Oh and by the way I am all the way under you in OZ so any barbs will go over my head he he!!!

regards Allan ducking while I say this. he he.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 09:19:16 AM by (unknown) »
A gentleman is man who can disagree without being disagreeable.

Larsanderss

I like the old board
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 12:19:38 PM »
but i think one is enough and agree with Mr OZ (wherever it is). A lot of thanks to all of You making questions and answering them here.

Good evening Lars A

« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 12:19:38 PM by Larsanderss »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
Soon....
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 12:26:43 PM »
soon the old board will be shut down.  We may leave it there, but no posting.  This one works better!

The old board also, to some degree causes server/bandwidth problems, and is somewhat of a compromise to the security of our server.  We are waiting for some work to be finished on this one that will hopefully.... make it look a bit more like folks want it.  It should be done in a week or so...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 12:26:43 PM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

Demetri

Otherpower.com
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 01:41:42 PM »
I know the old board will be closing, but Otherpower.com will be staying up, right? Or transferred to this site? Lots of good info there.

Demetri

« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 01:41:42 PM by Demetri »

wpowokal

where is OZ
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 05:19:05 PM »
Only the best place in the world to live, if we could just get rid of all politicians and all those taxes. Must be good thats why we Have yank & pom backpackers picking our fruit, they know a good thing when they see it. Still not telling though.

Allan
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 05:19:05 PM by wpowokal »

Larsanderss

Like the place Alice came to ??
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 12:35:33 AM »
Hmmm maybe i was not bright enough....... i was thinking about some kind of short name for a country or state....... A lot of fun sayings disappear for us (me) who dont use English as first language...... how are the wind conditions in OZ ?

Lars A

« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 12:35:33 AM by Larsanderss »

wpowokal

OZ
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2003, 01:18:43 AM »
OZ = Australia.

Me I'm in Western Australia, winds are great for me for 10 months of the year. Therefore I have solar panels as well for the quite months.

regards Allan

« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 01:18:43 AM by wpowokal »

(unknown)

New vs Old
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 01:45:59 AM »
Are the others not bright enough to use the new board?  Or do they know something we don't?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 01:45:59 AM by (unknown) »

(unknown)

old board
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2003, 09:50:09 PM »
The old board is slow. However there is a pile of cool comments and a wide range of power possibilities discussed. Also I liked the posting by someone selling their earings and necklaces!
Thatswhen I changed over to the new board, but still watch the old one for stragglers
Jungle Bill
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 09:50:09 PM by (unknown) »

Wolfles

New Board.....I do not like it, however,......
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2003, 01:43:10 PM »
I personally do not like the new board. When posting, I am use to using correct writing structure, like indenting and new parragraph content. Unless, I am missing something, what I write is all bunched together like craming sardines in a can. Now the "However part",.........there is no other place to go that has as good of information. Secondly, it's not my board, so I wish to thank the Dan's and all others for this board and working so hard to make it work. It may be easier for the Admenstration, but it's hard on us old people that like to follow
a RUT in the road. MYWATTSWORTH, LES
« Last Edit: May 29, 2003, 01:43:10 PM by Wolfles »

Johnny Cool Pants

missing something
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2003, 03:47:57 AM »
Yeah, your missing something, but lets address your text problem first.

Under the box where you put your text, there are a couple of buttons.  One says "Preview" and the other says "Post"

Between those two buttons is a box with a little arrow button to the right of it.  Click on that arrow button to see the drop down box.

Then click on "plain text"  Now your words will appear as you typed them.  Next week we practice "Auto Format"

JCP

« Last Edit: June 03, 2003, 03:47:57 AM by Johnny Cool Pants »

(unknown)

hey , that works
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2003, 02:46:07 PM »
It is a good thing someone knows what is going on around here.  One of these day , I may even create an account if they don't ask to many invasive questions.

Jungle Bill

« Last Edit: June 03, 2003, 02:46:07 PM by (unknown) »