Author Topic: Posting corrections ?  (Read 258 times)

Barnac

Posting corrections ?
« on: July 24, 2003, 07:26:43 AM »
Is there a way to make correction to a previous post, if after being posted the editor of the post wants to make adjustments or corrections to the post He did  create ?

I know the preview is not there for nothing but It's seems I always noticed my mistake afterward :-(

Regards

« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 07:26:43 AM by (unknown) »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Well, kinda ;=>
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 08:05:14 AM »
Barnac;

Well, in a story submission, yes. Comments to stories can not be edited by anyone to my knowledge. I regularly correct spelling errors on submitted stories and correct for image sizing and how a story displays such as adding some whitespace to ease reading of the story. Editing  for content after comments have been submitted would raise lots of issues so, personally, I don't think that is a good idea.

However, we can delete a comment so it could be resubmitted in a corrected form if needed.

The easiest thing to do if a story you posted has errors is to simply resubmit it in the corrected form with some kind of note or comment that it is the one you want kept and I can delete the previous post. Again, once replies have been posted deleting a comment will delete replies to it [I think] so more "issues" of fairness arise.

We try to be pretty flexible here so let us know what you want and we will do what we can.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 08:05:14 AM by TomW »

Barnac

Re: Well, kinda ;=>
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 10:05:29 AM »
Tom;

Thanks for you answer, just wanted to know. After I posted a comment on the post "Furling system" I noticed some spelling errors,typos and space missing. So my intention was not to change the essence of it but simply to do a little bit of manucure. Nothing major. You know when your writing in your second language (Ok Ok I admit it's only an excuse here cause I am not even better in french.)

If I ever post something with wrong informations then I will resubmit it in the corrected form with appologies to every ones :-)

Regards.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 10:05:29 AM by Barnac »