Author Topic: uploading pic  (Read 199 times)

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
uploading pic
« on: September 07, 2003, 09:01:12 PM »
  What's so hard about uploading pictures? If you have the picture on screen even if its a in word processor format that can't be uploaded the way it is, can't just about anyone with a Print Screen button capture it and save it as a .bmp file? and then upload it here? A certain person is having a problem, so it would be nice if someone could explain how to do it better than I can, as I for one am anxious to see his pictures.Thanks.(:>) Norm.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2003, 09:01:12 PM by (unknown) »

wdyasq

Re: uploading pic
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 04:03:48 AM »
Norm,

This would be an exelent opportunity for someone like you, who hasn't published a picture, to teach yourself how and then weite a tutorial on how a novice can publish on this board.  

After all, "What's so hard about uploading pictures?"

I find it is similar to many projects, one can explain but until the person actually experiences the process, execution will remain a mystery.  The preview screen worked for me but it took looking at the "properties" of a successful post and several tries before I was able to post my first "picture".

Maybe your tutorial will help all of us....

Ron

« Last Edit: September 08, 2003, 04:03:48 AM by wdyasq »
"I like the Honey, but kill the bees"

RogerAS

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 08:02:37 AM »
HI,

One should be a graphics pro working with 5 or 6 national magazines! It seems each one requires a different file format, some require all the fonts used, some want Tiff's and on and on.

Any software, in todays web wild world, should be able to save to a file format the administrators require. What they ask is basic web stuff. Some word processors these days can save a page to web.

Don't get frusrated, one might even learn to build ones own web site. :-) <- that's a grin.

RogerAS

« Last Edit: September 08, 2003, 08:02:37 AM by RogerAS »

iFred

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 09:59:43 PM »

There are only two primary graphis formats for that are of any interest for internet work. GIF and JPG. All uploading scripts now handle these formats. Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2003, 09:59:43 PM by iFred »