Author Topic: diary submission problems  (Read 245 times)

windyknight

diary submission problems
« on: April 27, 2005, 09:03:41 PM »
Trying to upload latest installment of my turbine erection, got some good but large photos, which have uploaded ok but cant seem to get diary accepted -wondered if there is a size limit and also is it possible to make photos narrower on site?

windy

« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 09:03:41 PM by (unknown) »

wooferhound

• SuperHero Member
  • Huntsville Alabama U.S.A.
    • Woofer Hound Sound & Lighting Rentals
Re: diary submission problems
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 09:47:37 PM »
Large pictures are not internet friendly and cannot be viewed by users with a dialup connection. If you are going to post pictures on the internet, you should set your camera to take the smallest size picture it can take, 640x480 also called VGA. If you already have the pictures, you should use a graphics program to reduce the size to a 640x480 JPG or JPEG picture. This will allow everybody to see the pictures and dosen't fill up the harddrive on the 'otherpower' server. Nobodys monitor can display a large picture in it's full resolution anyway . . .
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 09:47:37 PM by wooferhound »

picmacmillan

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 07:22:04 AM »
ya, windy knight, experiment with your pictures by clicking the edit and decrease the size by 50% or so and see if they fit better,,this is a really interesting project and i would like to see more...good luck....pickster
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 07:22:04 AM by picmacmillan »

jomoco

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 05:53:38 PM »
Hey there WindyKnight,

I really have to applaud you and your obvious devotion to renewable energy. If only our leaders here in the U.S. had half the commitment that you have, the world would be a cleaner and friendlier place to live. Congragulations on your noble effort, and best wishes on a successful outcome.

Still green with envy,

jomoco

« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 05:53:38 PM by jomoco »