Author Topic: Human Powered RaceWay  (Read 199 times)

Epower

• Match-ett Science 4 All
Human Powered RaceWay
« on: February 06, 2006, 04:04:37 AM »
Hi to you all...I will be in this coming engineering week held here in Toronto,Canada. My exhibit is on electricity & exercise. The object is to generate enough electricity to run a miniature car race set. It requires 4-players, one team member to run the car and the other to generate the electricity. I am sure the kids will have lots of fun and burn a few calories in the process. Thats the reason behind this, along with tweaking their interest in science. I also have an exhibit on light communication. If any of you are in the area please drop in. The location is at "woodside mall" in Scarborough,Ontario,Canada,(Finch Avenue & McCowan Road)and its held on the 25th of Febuary of 2006. The showing will be from 10am to 5pm. Hope to see some of you there...Epower
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 04:04:37 AM by (unknown) »

cyplesma

Re: Human Powered RaceWay
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 12:02:05 PM »
If it was me i'd use the electricity from the bike to power the car directly, so if your need the car to slow down then the biker pedals slower if you need the car to speed up then pedal faster.  two cars two bikers.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 12:02:05 PM by cyplesma »

Epower

• Match-ett Science 4 All
Re: Human Powered RaceWay
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 11:10:15 PM »
Each to his own, but I think my way is more practical. A least you don`t have to get off the bike each time you crash the car. You can run the "human powered raceway" with only two players if you wish to, but its alot more fun with 4-players. The idea here is to encourage kids to work together and to have fun along with gaining interest in science and engineering....Epower
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 11:10:15 PM by Epower »