Author Topic: article on the history of neos  (Read 230 times)

bob golding

article on the history of neos
« on: October 17, 2008, 09:53:38 PM »

http://www.choruscars.com/Chorus_NEO_WhitePaper.pdf

found this in a technology company newsletter. some thought provoking stuff. its around 13 pages of pdf for those on dial up. well worth a read. chorus motors manufacture a special type of motor being used in the nose wheels of airliners to help them park without using the engines in case anyone was wondering.

cheers

bob golding

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 09:53:38 PM by (unknown) »
if i cant fix it i can fix it so it cant be fixed.

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
Re: article on the history of neos
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 07:59:20 AM »
thanks for this information.

i  read a few years ago that 60% of neo mag production was used in the hard drive industry.

ive also noticed recently hard drive mags seem to becoming smaller.

it sounds like,with the use of neos in automobile there could be a real shortage of the stuff.

if we are forced to go back to using ceramic mags will our home made alternators still be viable?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 07:59:20 AM by electrondady1 »

thefinis

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 08:11:37 AM »
http://www.chorusmotors.com/demo/index.demo.html

Okay this is a little over my head in technical electronics but for some like Flux it might be very interesting. Very good demonstration of star and delta windings. It sure reminds me of the F&G washer motors that they are playing with down under. They are taking a multi-pole motor feeding it with an inverter and somehow controlling it by changing the harmonics. They claim that with this they can get low end torque and high end speed from same motor. Not sure if this could be beneficial for generation of power as they are looking for top power at both slow rpms and high rpms while we need power curves to match wind power curves.

Caution this is a video so it might be slow loading on slow speed connections. This company seems to be just ideas with no produced products offered yet(that I could find).

Finis  

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:11:37 AM by thefinis »

Airstream

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 10:30:21 AM »
I read a little while ago thre has been a lot of searching for ancient dry lake beds here in North America for 'rare earth' deposits but only recently they found ONE location in Canada that has the entire range of ores required to be able to produce rare earth magnets wholly from this continent!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 10:30:21 AM by Airstream »

fcfcfc

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »
Hi:

Reads like some good history to front a sales pitch for CM...

Alternatives will be found... you just have to look hard enough...

.....Bill

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 02:23:49 PM by fcfcfc »