Author Topic: magnets4less out of buisness??  (Read 442 times)

beefy

magnets4less out of buisness??
« on: February 08, 2008, 04:31:08 PM »
(blank)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 04:31:08 PM by (unknown) »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: magnets4less out of buisness??
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 09:52:42 AM »
Sorry to hear that. Its too bad these things happen.

As an aside, if you had ordered them from our host you would be building by now.

If you paid by credit card or paypal maybe you can get a charge back on them and at least recover your cash.

Good luck with it.

TomW

« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 09:52:42 AM by TomW »

dlenox

• PowerDashboard monitoring/logging software for RE systems
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 11:54:11 AM »
Tom,

Just 2 days ago I received some stuff from them that I bought on ebay.

Dan

« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 11:54:11 AM by dlenox »

Slingshot

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 03:24:29 PM »
I called them immediately after seeing your post, at 972-516-0692, and they answered on the 3rd ring.  Their website also lists a toll-free number, 866-342-1300, but they're only a few miles from me.

What number have you been using?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 03:24:29 PM by Slingshot »

MattM

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 09:38:51 PM »
Try http://magnet4less.com/

You got an extra "s" in the url.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 09:38:51 PM by MattM »

Mmcgillicutty

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 08:12:31 AM »
Well, I have also had an "interesting" experience with magnet4less.  Like many people, I was attracted by their lower prices - at first.  Here's the situation: I live in Australia, and was purchasing magnets to be used in physics experiments at Murdoch University.  I registered with the website and then tried to order about $55 U.S. worth of magnets to get things started.  That's not a lot, I admit, but that's not the point.  The order form would not accept that I did not have a U.S. shipping address, so I emailed the company.  After 2 days (not too bad) I received an email response that the web site was operating properly, and so I proceded to place an order.  As I went to "check out" and pay for those $55 worth of magnets, I was given 2 shipping options - I could pay $198.00 for standard shipping or $210.00 for whatever was next best.  And those were the ONLY options.  According to their shipping info, my order weighed 16 lbs. or less.  So, I checked with the U.S. Post Office website and learned that any package, up to 20 lbs, from the States to my address in Australia only cost $37. U.S. ($35. if the postage was purchased online - which I am sure they do).  So, I emailed Magnet4less again to ask if they could reduce the shipping.  Never heard from them.  Now, I know that I was not ordering a lot of magnets, but I did inform them that I was ordering on behalf of Murdoch University's Physical Science Department, and that I would increase the size of my order if they would reduce the shipping to a reasonable amount.  (but that is not even the point - everyone should get good and fair service, not just people who process large orders). Anyway, that might have given them a clue, but I guess not.  Do you think we might want to order more later?   Hmmm... We'll get our magnets somewhere else.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 08:12:31 AM by Mmcgillicutty »

chubbytrucker01

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 12:14:19 AM »
I was delivering a load north of Dallas in a small industrial park and across the street was magnets4less. So I thought Heck ya! I'm gonna save some shipping and maybe ask some questions and find a deal or two. I looked up their phone number online and wanted to order one of Hugh's books and some small neo's to experiment with and told them I was across the street and could walk over and pick them up. I was told it would be a $25 warehouse pick up fee. It is not that big of a place and the pace of life around it was very casual so I couldn't figure out why I had to pay them a nuisance fee for being a customer. So I politely told them I would do my business elsewhere.

Doug
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:14:19 AM by chubbytrucker01 »

osku

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 01:02:43 AM »
I bought a set of Chinese 13.1 ft (4 meter) blades via Amazon.com and have had those for a couple of days.

The seller was CMS, also called magnet master and Magnet4less and many others.  These same ebay-blades with several names come from the same fellow Jeff from Plano, Texas.

Sellers Amazon-ad gives wrong shipping weight (the seller knows that but has not changed that) and after I already had paid with my Visa the correct total sum according to the Amazon-calculator, the seller demanded $118 more, otherwise he would not ship the hub which is included in the price.

I measured the blades and used dimensions from the 36 cm diameter hub that comes with the blades.  The diameter of the turbine is not the stated 13.1 ft, it is only 12.5 ft, which means that the swept area is only about 90% of what it should have been.

The blades have thick seam lines and need lots of sanding and filling but after that I think they might work somehow, the profile is very fat.

A funny thing is this from one of the sellers ads:

"Note: Keep away from those fraudulent copies from our competitor, which have the thicker poorly made seam lines, that severly change the aerodynamic characteristics and make lots of noise."

I did send an email to the seller, I wrote that I had measured the blades and that the diameter was only 12.5 ft, he sent back an email where he states that the diameter is 13.1 ft or 4 meters!

No more blades from the same seller. Ever.

I have also bought some N42 magnets from him.  

How to check if they really are N42?

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 01:02:43 AM by osku »