Author Topic: TOO MANY NEGATIVE NANCY [CLOSED]  (Read 332 times)

AL is my name

TOO MANY NEGATIVE NANCY [CLOSED]
« on: April 01, 2008, 12:48:39 PM »
I came to the site because of the experts, not the "experts". I have had a couple of inovative ideas crushed here. This is a forum to talk about different ways of trying things.

You know who I'm talking about, these people feel the need to reply almost every thread with something negative. Critcal advice is good, however these people reply with out fully understanding what you are saying. They just give a smart alec comment and post a vaugley relative link.

And what ever you do don't ask a question!!!!!

I,m really don't know what this forum is for if I can't have Idea's, or ask questions, or talk about anything similar to any thing else.

I guess I can only give you a recipie for chocolate chip cookies, or is that too off topic!

OK, Mister Al, Your refund is in the mail. I read back thru your postings and have determined you are going to be a "Problem" customer so we will nip that in the bud by making it so you can read the board but not post for a time. Thats how you learn. We do not need troublemakers who cry because the honesty hurts their ego. Anyone who doesn't like this decision can email DanB.
Thread Closed as there is not much more to add.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:48:39 PM by (unknown) »

Old F

Re: TOO MANY NEGATIVE NANCY"S
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 08:03:18 AM »
Lets see  this the only post you have started  with your name on it

And in another you called  member an A hole

And  you went off in a OT rant in yet another.

You haven't gotten off to a good start around here.

I was going to post a link but I will let others tell you were to go

Old F

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 08:03:18 AM by Old F »
Having so much fun it should be illegal

GeeMac

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 08:05:08 AM »
You are not the first to enter a post such as yours, Al. Snoop around the site when you need information and you'll find what you are after.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 08:05:08 AM by GeeMac »

Waterlogged

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 08:13:57 AM »
I like cookies. Can they be baked in wind, or in the sun? I also have a flowing stream. Will that work?

Rod
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 08:13:57 AM by Waterlogged »

snowcrow

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 08:17:00 AM »
  Don't worry AL, the hide will grow back, mine has!!  What don't kill you makes you stronger, not to mention wiser!!

There are a lot successful and some not so successful ideas post here on this site, and it is in your best interest to weed through it as best you can first, before asking a question thats been answered a million times or more.  I find it hard too sometimes to find an exact match to a given situation, but I'm getting better at it every day.

This site is more of a "See my idea works" and not a "I have an idea" type of site.  There are a lot of good folks here who are willing to help but, you have to run the gauntlet of postings first!!

Blessings, snow Crow

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 08:17:00 AM by snowcrow »

finnsawyer

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 08:22:22 AM »
Seems to me that you never spelled out in any detail what those "innovative" ideas were.  Mostly, your statements seem vague.  Anyway, you can't change the underlying rules of nature.  If you don't like the answers because nature won't cooperate, what are we supposed to do?  Say, "you poor baby"?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 08:22:22 AM by finnsawyer »

scottsAI

Re: TOO MANY NEGATIVE NANCY [CLOSED]
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 08:35:44 AM »
Hello AL is my name,

Happiness is an inside job. Do not let others determine your happiness for you.

Yes, many intelligent people have not learned if they cant say anything nice to not say anything at all.

To me your post looks like your trying to start up a conversion, maybe you should check out IRC. The stuff you have shown is different, not necessarily innovative, please do not confuse the two.

Innovative - the process of making improvements by introducing something new. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innovation)

Different is different, without making improvements what does it mater its different?

It helps to show us your effort, lets take the scanner sensor, what was innovative about that? We can find examples of an Anemometer using many different sensors. You wanted help with the sensor. We would all assume the scanner was broken for you to tear it apart for the cheap sensor... innovation?

Great to see you are trying out things, show what you have done. Look over other post, when you see one with the kind of replies your looking for, check out the question.

Don't let US slow you down, keep trying sooner or later you will figure it out!-)

Have fun,

Scott.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 08:35:44 AM by scottsAI »