Author Topic: Just a shout out  (Read 228 times)

PeterAVT

Just a shout out
« on: July 15, 2008, 10:13:56 AM »
This doesn't seem to belong anywhere else but just to let everyone know --

my step-brother is working temprorarily to help install a few megawatt-size mills in the township of Bliss, NY. It's roughly on the state line between NY PA and Ohio, catching the wind from the south eastern shores of the lakes. He's running a hundred foot crane or ther abouts.

I don't know a lot of details (please don't ask) but I do know that the township was fairly divided over it. Based on prior experience in the Great Plains it is likely that these are the GE/FANUC mills being sold back into the grid.

Proper section for "personal" stuff would be Diaries but this is OK, too. I would move it there but for some reason Scoop does not have the option to make a standard story post a Diary.
TW

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:13:56 AM by (unknown) »

PeterAVT

Re: Just a shout out
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 02:34:30 PM »
I will try to remember that in the future. Er nope I don't hack scoop either. I do hope you get to see this wind farm some day and travel to upstate NY. See you on IRC later?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 02:34:30 PM by PeterAVT »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Re: Just a shout out
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 08:19:46 AM »
Late, but...

Rock Port, Missouri, made the recent CNN news! they are not a big town , but the reason for making the news is that they now get ALL their power from wind . They have backup system in place too, but have not had to use it since turning it on.

Cheers

Bruce S

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 08:19:46 AM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard