Author Topic: upload problem  (Read 580 times)

windspeed

upload problem
« on: March 10, 2009, 02:17:03 PM »
why do my uploads not appear with my other files

when I view files to insert image only my old pics are listed

I have a dot  in the listed files....when I click on this it takes me to my pics but I cant insert image from here

help please

Windspeed

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 02:17:03 PM by (unknown) »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: upload problem
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 08:30:15 AM »
ADMIN is aware of this problem. It is a fairly well known long term problem that is getting worse.

No clue if or when it will get fixed.

Not my area of responsibility so nothing I can do. The files are there, they just do not show up in the insert image feature.

Try clicking around in your files area the "." leads you to the missing files.

Sorry I can't offer any help just what I know.

Tom

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 08:30:15 AM by TomW »

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 09:05:55 AM »
While the site policy is that you should upload pictures to Fieldlines to display them, I've had so much trouble with finding them in the shuffle that I've resorted to posting on other webspace, then linking across to display it.  A tricky task, and only feasible because I'm willing to write out the HTML manually.  I respect the site's desire to have photos in the threads actually stored here, but when one has been contributing as long as I have, digging through 60 files to find the newest one randomly dropped in slot #37 is frustrating.  If the server simply sorted chronologically, or alphabetically, there would be no problem.  I submitted my request for it to be fixed last year and hopefully an opportunity will arise for the Admin to try to fix it.  Good luck, hope you can find a work-around Windspeed.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:05:55 AM by SparWeb »
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 09:12:59 AM »
If you can not get to the one you want directly,

open your files in a new tab/window, then the dot, the the photo.

Copy the address.

Paste the link in the story.

That's what I did.

Steven,

Toshi Test pics evaporated into X-boxes, and not the expensive kind of X-box.

G-

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:12:59 AM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 09:20:03 AM »
Those editor guys are pretty good about fixing images if you paste in the link in a story they can make them display with the story if the poster cannot. Comments cannot be edited at all, however.

Its not allways about ticking folks off.

Seriously tho, the upload section needs attention and there is only one person who can fix it and its not me.

Tom

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:20:03 AM by TomW »

windspeed

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 02:20:45 PM »
Thanks to all

Windspeed
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 02:20:45 PM by windspeed »

zap

• There's an app for that
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 09:09:53 AM »
I do exactly what ghurd suggests and have done that for a while now... works for me also.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:09:53 AM by zap »

richhagen

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 04:58:41 PM »
I try to keep a list of my file names for the files I have in Excell stored locally. To add an image or file, I select a random image from my user files using the select files drop list on the bottom of the comment or posting forms, and using the 'insert image' button, insert it to the comment or posting. Next I just change the file name portion to the name of the image that I want to display.  I check it in preview, and if all is well I am done.  The file names are case sensitive, and space don't work out right in the file names if I recall correctly, but otherwise this works out OK for me.  It would be nice if they posted alphabetically on the file uploads page, then I could give them structured names so that I could find them in the list, but I work with what I've been graciously given.  Rich
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 04:58:41 PM by richhagen »
A Joule saved is a Joule made!