Author Topic: The truth. Can you handle it?  (Read 750 times)

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: The truth. Can you handle it?
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 12:10:54 PM »
Bruce;

Just do your correction on your computer on the original. Give it the right name and upload it over the original. Well, delete the original then upload the new one. Always more than one way to defur a feline!

Tom

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:10:54 PM by TomW »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 03:06:43 PM »
TomW ;

You're making it way too easy :-)) : I needed something that would take a VISTA upgrade to be able to get in and do this.

Just kidding.

I have been playing with the water marking that Ooog and even Usoft can do, We use it for serious work related stuff, I'll give them a try.

Thanks

Hows the new FAQ guru coming along :-]

Keep Smiling;

Bruce S

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:06:43 PM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

oztules

• Village idiot
Well Its happened
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2009, 02:27:35 AM »
I said in my rant "Ice shelf break-offs with all of the experts giving their dire predictions..... only to find the following week, that the Australian antartic division reported that ice load is actually increasing, not decreasing as it was supposed to be the week before.....(Those boys will lose their funding, or be forced to recant) http://bigpondnews.com/articles/Environment/2009/04/18/Study_says_Antarctica_growing_323242.html

I have no doubt that the greens among us will see this as proving their case?????"

And 4 days later we see once again on the ABC news site we get this little pearl.... you'll love it Tomw

"The landmark British study has found that contrary to popular belief, sea ice around Antarctica is increasing at a rate of 100 thousand square kilometres a decade.

Drilling has also shown that the ice is the most dense its been for 10 years.

But the team are quick to point out that the findings don't disprove climate change, in fact, quite the opposite.:

They say changes to the ozone layer strengthened surface winds, leading to more ice production."

Surprise Surprise..... they said it was getting thinner because... (prediction and theory from cereal packet inserted here)... but no!! contrary to that well supported and promulgated theory, it turns out to be the opposite....and of course... we naturally support that outcome too.... based on the same model I guess.

So what is truth..... well it's not green.... and thats the truth.

I wish I was surprised by this high speed double speak,.... but I'm not.

..............oztules

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 02:27:35 AM by oztules »
Flinders Island Australia

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Well Its happened
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2009, 06:17:46 AM »
Oz;

Well, most adults realize there are generally 3 sides to every story...

One side.

The other Side.

The Truth.

Just one of those things a few decades of people watching has shown me.

I happen to think global warming is plausible. I also believe that the planet has done this cycling up and down in temperature since it first cooled to a solid surface.

I have a hard time swallowing "people did it" myself. Not saying its not true just a bit hard to believe.

You can hire someone to digest data and spin it any way you want it to be spun. If your grant money depends on your saying "cigarettes are not bad for your health" uh you probably will find that conclusion. Thats a documented example.

I do know from direct experience that turbines are more fun to watch than solar panels. I still like my panels despite this fact ;=}

Floating sea ice melting does not impact sea level. It is already in the water. Duh. Heh. Land ice is another story, however. Simple physics you can test yourself with an ice cube and a glass of water.

End rant.

Tom

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 06:17:46 AM by TomW »

wooferhound

• SuperHero Member
  • Huntsville Alabama U.S.A.
    • Woofer Hound Sound & Lighting Rentals
Re: Well Its happened
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2009, 06:40:59 PM »
I have a new theory about Global warming

it will continue till it warms the Earths crust up a couple of degrees

thus allowing a few more volcanoes to blow through

Clouding up the atmosphere and causing the next worst Ice Age in history and freezing out the planet
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 06:40:59 PM by wooferhound »

valterra

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2009, 11:05:32 AM »
"tried it awhile back-coundnt seem to get it to work on my old win98 pc.."

mIRC Client will CERTAINLY work on your old win98 PC.   I started using IRC a long time ago with a "brand new" laptop.  Pentium 150 MHz processor with Windows 95.  

We even used "vIRC" which was voice communication, on dialup AND on that same computer.  This was long before broadband and VOIP and Skype.  :-)  It's do-able!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:05:32 AM by valterra »

valterra

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2009, 11:27:04 AM »
Atlas Shrugged.

The "State Science Institute" is created, 100% government funded.  In a nutshell, science itself becomes irrelevant.  The only thing they end up creating is a WMD. In the story this means another tool of force for the government instead of the "liberty" and "enlightenment" of science.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:27:04 AM by valterra »

valterra

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 11:31:02 AM »
They've proven now that the earth is NOT GETTING WARMER!   So you're supposed to call it "climate change" now.  

Stop THINKING and get on the PC bandwagon already!  Jeez!

:-)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:31:02 AM by valterra »