Author Topic: Ebay cells - a couple questions...  (Read 1167 times)

sLaShEr

Ebay cells - a couple questions...
« on: September 30, 2005, 12:01:05 PM »
Ok I just recieved my first pound of cells off of ebay - and I have a couple questions:

1. Some of the cells on the back side where the soldering pads are - are a little messed up -  like the photo below.  My question is - how many of these pads are actually needed?  If the cell is like the one in the pic two of the three on one side are ok - and all 3 on the other side are ok.  Is this ok to only use 2 connections on one side and 3 on the other?  Is this going to affect the rest of the panel if a cell like this is used?

I think there may have been a couple more cells in the pound that the backs were actually more messed up than this.  For example - only one or two pads on each side were useable.

Question # 2:

I have searched the board - and I probably have not searched enough (Lord knows I tried)  I am looking for a schematic or something to show me how to configure the cells and use a 'bypass diode' to make the panel "Shade Tollerent".  I have heard others make mention of the diodes - but I have yet to see a diagram or schematic to show exactly how it's done?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 12:01:05 PM by (unknown) »