Author Topic: Plexiglass back of the panel?  (Read 1116 times)

amiklic1

Plexiglass back of the panel?
« on: October 23, 2005, 03:19:47 PM »

Topic beaten to death recently so story hidden.

I plan to use white plexiglass (acrylic plastic sheet, 3mm thick) as a back plate of my panels.

Here's what I plan to do:

I'll put cells (4x9 cells)with silicon to 3mm plexl sheet. Than I'll put 20x3mm aluminium bar at the edge, and connect that bar with the back sheet with silicon that is used to secure windshield of the car (black silicin, very resistant to weather conditions). Than, I'll put some same silicon at the upper side of the alu bar, and finally the tempered glass 4mm above that. Inside the panel I'll put a kind of sand ( some kond of silica gel, I suppose) that is used in  window manufacturing to prevent moisture.

Next step is to put that entire panel in U-shape aluminium profiles at the edges, to form the frame of the panel. Then I'll put two 20x20 aluminium square tubes at the back to secure the whole thing from deformation.

Between the plexi and the glass I plan to use some pieces of 4mm plastic. ( to prevent deformation of plexi to the glass.

My cells are 2mm from each other, and 2mm of the edges. I leave 20 mm at the top and 10 mm at the bottom of the panel.

Anyone's suggestions???

« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 03:19:47 PM by (unknown) »