Author Topic: Out of the window onto the roof :)  (Read 965 times)

terramir

Out of the window onto the roof :)
« on: April 21, 2006, 12:51:10 AM »
A while back I asked a few questions on this board and I was using my solar panels in my window to create at max 20w for a max of three hours to charge my cell phones, etc, now however I moved two of my self built panels well actually 2 1/9 panels(cells were from eBay about 50% broke during shipping however that was factored into a very cheap price) onto the roof. the 1/9 panel is a 4 cell complement to my 32 cell panel I built first because I didn't know what I was doing LOL

Well Now they are delivering anywhere 1 to 4 amps depending on the time a day At whatever voltage the car battery in my windowed closet is. It's around 4A from 10:30 am to about 3pm maybe later. Note this is current measured inline before the charge controller not a short circuit current! so right about not depending on the charge level of my batteries  anywhere from 48W to 56W :P so right about now I'm producing somewhere around about a little less 1/2 kW a day :) much better than the 30-60W I was getting a day when they were hanging in my windows.

Just checking in

terramir

Right now I have not built my inside power net but when I do I will be doing more than just powering an inverter to watch tv just to drain for the next day.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 12:51:10 AM by (unknown) »