Author Topic: I am new and do not know so please don't laugh!!  (Read 1135 times)

mccoyxx

I am new and do not know so please don't laugh!!
« on: November 15, 2006, 09:03:36 AM »
Ok ..I was just thinking and happened to wonder this ...would it charge solar panels if they were put on the walls on each end of a tanning bed and behind it where the light comes out of the gap when its closed ..if it were in a smaller enclosed room or at least were close to a wall so the light rays would be intense on the panels when the beds on ????? I know they charge from the suns uv rays and a tanning bed is sup. to be nearly the same thing ...I know it wouldn't pay for running the bed or anything...but every little bit helps...this would also probably generate quite a bit of usable power back from the solars if you have a tanning saloon where ppl pay to tan and your beds run several hours per day!! {or even better if your neighbor has one and would let you mount the panels in there and pipe it back to your place :)  ...again ppl. I am new here and it was just a thought ...so if thats completely moronic...please laugh to yourself and don't post it!!! :) RSM
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 09:03:36 AM by (unknown) »

AbyssUnderground

Re: I am new and do not know so please don't laugh
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 03:35:30 AM »
I would think it would  be pointless. The panel would cover the tubes leaving no surface area to do the actual tanning. It would also use more to power the tubes than the panels will ever make.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 03:35:30 AM by AbyssUnderground »