Author Topic: Volvofarmer - Questions  (Read 1149 times)

Projector

Volvofarmer - Questions
« on: January 09, 2008, 08:25:54 PM »
Hi - I read your writeups showing your new trackers, nice.  I also noted on the second one that you were generating 4 times the need for a Kenmore fridge with the second array. If you don't mind me asking, what all do you have to power?  It looks like you have only 12 solar panels.  I'm hopelessly stuck to the grid right now, but over the next year I hope to be buying a nice chunk of land and begin building an empty nester's house.  We really want to be off the grid, but we also like our electrical gadgets, so I'd like to get an idea of what you have to power vs what you have to generate, aside from the 12 solar panels.  It's one thing to read sales brochures and perform load calculations, quite another to hear it from the mouth of the horse that's livin' the dream.

I'd also like to know what you have to do with the system for vacations that take you away from home for a week or two at a time.  This is something that I've never really seen addressed, anywhere.  And, how much time is devoted to maintenance and upkeep of the systems?  Thanks.

Should ask in those stories rather than a new thread.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 08:25:54 PM by (unknown) »