Author Topic: Volvofarmer - solar questions  (Read 1036 times)

Projector

Volvofarmer - solar questions
« on: January 12, 2008, 04:17:42 PM »
Hi, had some questions for you about your overall setup.  I read your posts about the new trackers, and noted that your picture shows that you had 8 panels, 4 on a tracking pole.  Pretty nice how you have all that set up.  In the post where you were installing the second tracker, you stated that you were buying a Kenmore fridge, and that the new solar panel would provide 4 times more energy than the fridge would use.  

So what I'd like to know is, if it's not too personal, what all are you running at your house?  How do you heat and cool, and dry clothes in the winter?  Do you have anything providing power other than the 12 solar panels, aside perhaps from a backup generator?  And do you have any issues like having to plan use loads?  I'd like to know because it's long been a dream of mine to not have to write that monthly check to the utility companies.  It's one thing to look at load writeups and theoretical crap, quite another to speak to someone living the dream.  I'd also like to know what sort of regular maintenance you have to perform, such as "Every day I have to..." or "Every week I have to...".

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Why open a new thread? Should ask on the thread he is talking about.
Scoop sucks.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 04:17:42 PM by (unknown) »