Author Topic: Remote Wireless Solar Powered WebCam  (Read 2004 times)

new2u

Remote Wireless Solar Powered WebCam
« on: May 13, 2009, 09:36:24 PM »
I just wanted to drop in and show you the wireless remote webcam project I have been playing with recently. I put up a gallery with a couple of pics so far you may be interested in.

http://mygallery.10o.us/?level=album&id=18

Basically its a true wireless linksys webcam. It only needs the power cord to provide the power to it. Lucky for me I have solar panel that is just up to job and this allows for me to place it just about anywhere there is an open hotspot. The cam has its own built in server and streams right from my router (wi-fi) connection. I have tested it on 3 puters in the house and am able to view it anytime.

What is also nice is that anyone with an iphone that is able to view the web should also be able to view the webcam live.

The cam uses 5 volts/1 amp

I will post more pics when I get the chance.

I thought someone else here might be interested in this type of setup so that is why I posted it. I guess this could be posted to wind also however I am only using a solar panel at the moment to power it.

Talk to ya later.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:36:24 PM by (unknown) »

halfcrazy

Re: Remote Wireless Solar Powered WebCam
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 05:34:55 PM »
when you are viewing the video how is the quality of the video? the picture looks great i was just wondering if it was like 1 frame per second or what the rate was? We have been thinking it would be cool to have one pointed at the windmill.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:34:55 PM by halfcrazy »

new2u

Re: Remote Wireless Solar Powered WebCam
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 07:10:04 AM »
It does 30 frames and the video and audio is great. It has both. I also have the option to have it start to record if it sees motion. Very nice! You could run it from solar or windmill for remote locations.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 07:10:04 AM by new2u »