Author Topic: small panels  (Read 1187 times)

wiredwrong

small panels
« on: July 28, 2004, 09:15:29 PM »
Hi, been watching this board for some time now but have never really had much to say

untill now, I liek to share with you some thoughts I've had and hope that you will share you knowledge and experiance with me.

1. I have found a paint that when applyed to a wood surface, will atract a magnet. Any Ideas about the p[osibilitys of using this paint to improve the performance of of a homebrewed genny?
  2. And I have also gotten lucky enuff to find a place that will save and give me their broken solar lights, the kind that you stick out in the yard and they charge all day burn all night, most of these panels or cells, are in perfect shape, just the light fixture is damaged all the circuts, batteries and LEDs are in working order. the cell is 2 3/8x 2 3/8, putting out almost 4 volts each, they are charging 2 AA 1.2v Ni-Cds each but wo an dc ammeter i dont know much else yet.

My question about these cells is "Has anyone else tried these for building their own panel"?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 09:15:29 PM by (unknown) »

tecker

• SuperHero Member
Re: small panels
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 01:02:51 AM »

I think the use of those small panels to boot up a modest system is a good idea they can be series ed together to get higher voltage to a point you'll have to determine carefully . As far as power you could go 4 volts at what ever you want (just parallel and go)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 01:02:51 AM by tecker »