Author Topic: solar rebate credits (victoria, australia) question  (Read 980 times)

rgormley

solar rebate credits (victoria, australia) question
« on: March 01, 2009, 01:44:38 AM »
have a question on how rebates works (and how it`s going to off set my power bill....

i just acuratly measured my house idle current with a fluke meter hooked in series with the main breaker..

with the house runnig as it would be at 12pm lunchtime, it was drawing 3.7 amps ( 888watts)

note i have a pc running 24/7 and the wife will be home witht he tv on n the background+dvd+sat dish ete etc...

so this is the question...

if i can make 2 kw`s from my solar PV`s less 888 watts for my house idling during say 11-3pm (4 hours) asuming peak sunlight...

i am feeding 1112 watts back to the grid at .60 kwh

so i am making say 1kwh x 4 hours x .60c =$2.40 per day yeah??

so when i pull back from the grid and night i`m at .17c /kwh i have $2.40 divided by .17c so i have 15 units (hours) of credit

does this all sound correct??

(in a perfect sunny 4 hour 11-3pm day)

Thanks....Richard

thread locked do to fact the user has an open story on this very subject with multiple replies already....
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 01:44:38 AM by (unknown) »

kurt

• website
Re: solar rebate credits
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 07:18:57 PM »
posting the same question over and over again in a new thread in the hopes that someone will give you the answer you want to hear really has a tendency to amuse the editors. your question has already been answered in your previous story on this topic in a grid tie set up you make power and you use power sometimes you make more than you use sometimes you use more than you make it all cancels each other out and the power company settles up the difference once a month, once every 3 months, once every 6 months, or once a year depending on your contract.....
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:18:57 PM by kurt »