Author Topic: the dark side of PVs  (Read 12025 times)

georgeodjungle

the dark side of PVs
« on: November 15, 2009, 10:19:08 AM »

but no seems to think on how there made.

for one 12volt 60watt panel it takes:

2500 degrees fahrenheit then 1300 degrees fahrenheit "like glass it must be annealed"

&

with the 20% rule of a doa panel.it takes WAY more power to make than it will ever put out, something like 400kwh @ 277volt per square meter. frame & solder not included.

&

Its a real toxic mess of chemicals. Manufactured with nitrogen trifluoride (NF3) that is supposed to be 17,000 times stronger than carbon dioxide. Solar is just not clean. Its a real toxic mess of chemicals. one square meter of solar cells carries a burden of 75 kilograms.

&

when put on a tracker or concentrator yes you get more power but also shorten the life span around 40% your milage my very.

&

i'm just saying thay have this aura of green & clean after there made....

wind rules.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 10:19:08 AM by (unknown) »

brokengun

Re: the dark side of PVs
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 10:46:43 AM »
I would encourage you to cite some sources with this.

Some of these things may be true but I think some of them may not be.

Also... 2500 degrees fahrenheit and 1300 degrees fahrenheit aren't measures of energy.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 10:46:43 AM by brokengun »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 11:12:20 AM »
I think this is old and inaccurate.

Or in plain language:

Your post is full of bullship.

Cite some sources or we will just put this in the trash as it does NOT belong here as is.

Tom

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 11:12:20 AM by TomW »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 04:35:57 AM »
Editors locked this story down and for good reason - I put it back though just so I could cite a source or two on this topic.

George...  total lack of sources here, a very quick google search brings up plenty of info on this topic but I found nothing to support your claims.

I did find this:

http://www.energybulletin.net/node/17219

and plenty more like it that are basically in agreement.  I post this comment just to enlighten you and anyone else who might be going around spreading these misconceptions about PV.  Wind is great ~ for most folks however, 'PV Solar Rules' ~ when I talk with folks interested in wind energy, I talk most of them right out of the idea and suggest that they install PV instead.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 04:35:57 AM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.