Author Topic: Mr. srphydro  (Read 1520 times)

srphydro

Mr. srphydro
« on: August 22, 2008, 05:49:23 AM »
I work for a large utility co.that is also one of the largest irrigations systems in

the world.I want to submit an idea to harness the hydro-gen off the 100's of irr.boxes that we have that run all the time with heads from 1 meter to 10 meters.

The grid is generally above every irr.box out there, or in some cases below but always right next to the structures.What do you peeps think about this idea

Email Me ! >beyondthegardengate@cox.net< srphydro

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:49:23 AM by (unknown) »

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
Re: Mr. srphydro
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 06:19:23 AM »
You effectively be stealing energy from one part of the system to inefficiently convert back to electricity.  Else you've just invented an 'OverUnity' or perpetual-motion machine, and that way lies madness and snake-oil.

Far better to reduce the water head to the minimum workable value.

Rgds

Damon

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:19:23 AM by DamonHD »
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 07:29:59 AM »
Hmm, ain't "peeps" those silly little marshmallow chickens we see around Easter?

We generally discourage "texting" and internet shorthand on this forum.

Besides, as someone already mentioned this is NOT a renewable source but is simply shifting the source around and will be a net Loss

So there you go.

Tom

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:29:59 AM by TomW »

srphydro

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 03:41:31 PM »
I am trully sorry that "peeps" offended, I guess I ain't no good at this sort of thing! I am very new at this type of comm.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 03:41:31 PM by srphydro »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 04:09:59 PM »
Mr.;

Not offended at all. It is just that, being a global resource, we prefer that posters make an effort and refrain from abbreviations, acronyms and shorthand of any type so that folks using translation software don't get lost in them.

It also tends to show that you are willing to make an effort to submit clear and concise questions which will make folks think you are serious where a question thats disjointed and full of misspellings, abbreviations, etcetera will make many just never respond.

I only speak English myself so when it confuses me I know non English speakers will likely experience issues translating.

My comment was more to guide you into more effective use of the resource than because it annoyed me personally.

Tom

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 04:09:59 PM by TomW »