Author Topic: Question: Motor Brush for Dankoff AC Slowpump  (Read 2707 times)

shaniac

Question: Motor Brush for Dankoff AC Slowpump
« on: May 03, 2009, 05:17:21 AM »
Greetings everyone, I need some replacement Motor Brushes for our families Dankoff AC Slowpump. I just replaced my last spare pair and I cant seem to get theme anymore from Windy since he sold Dankoff Solar. I can find them online for $15 bucks each (Note: that is teh each price, not a pair) but to keep a few at hand, gets me to $100+ bucks in less time than it takes to read this post and I cant afford that. Does anyone know a place I can get brushes from the manufacturer and skip the middle man? And does anyone know the dimensions of the brushes? Obviously I know all the dimensions from the old ones I have, but I don't know how long they were short of a rough guess, and my new ones are in use... but I could always just pull one out if anyone does not know.

Ace carbon brushes sells several, including a make your own kit: http://www.acecarbon.com/acekit6.php But how do i know what the correct size brush is, and does it really matter how close a match it is?

I suppose I could just take the old brushes into a decent auto parts store and say, match it, but I thought I would see what great advice you guys had as well.

Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 05:17:21 AM by (unknown) »

Basil

• 3 rd shift made me this way.
Re: Question: Motor Brush for Dankoff AC Slowpump
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 05:05:39 AM »
I take my old brush's to a motor rewind service and they order me new ones. Sometimes they have to grind them to match the old one's. Still works great.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 05:05:39 AM by Basil »

jacobs

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 09:30:07 AM »
Another source is Helwig Carbon Products

http://www.helwigcarbon.com/catalog/index.aspx

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 09:30:07 AM by jacobs »

shaniac

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »
Great news. It took some digging, but I believe I have found a more affordable source for these brushes and I am posting my results so that it may help someone else in the future.

My Dankoff Slowpump is the AC model, not the DC model, so please be aware of that.

The brushes I just bought, based on the dimensions of the old ones bought directly from Windy Dankoff are the same as item 1900030.11 that can be seen at http://www.carbonbrush.com/leesonfhpbrushes.htm they can be reached at 800-500-7311 and are about 8 bucks ea. plus shipping.

They have a Figure eared cap, the grade is H610, 0.230" = spring diam.,0.223" = cap diam. Thickness = 0.312"  width = 0.312"  length = 0.560"  material = Graphite G  and the copper wire Lead = 0.656"

I learned more about brushes today than I ever thought I would need to know. : )

When they show up in the mail, I will confirm they are correct visually and update my findings here.

Thanks for your suggestions folks. This list is fantastic.

If you want to order the brushes directly from Conergy, their part number is DSP01576, but they run 15-20 per brush. Oasis Montana had the best retail deal at $25 per pair plus shipping.

Best of luck folks.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 04:44:13 PM by shaniac »

jonas302

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 10:30:41 PM »
most local hardware stores carry a selection or as others had said a moter or starter shop might be cheap
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 10:30:41 PM by jonas302 »