Author Topic: Is this possible  (Read 1035 times)

blow baby blow

Is this possible
« on: December 25, 2005, 09:59:25 PM »
Prairie Turbines claims that thier wind turbine, which they call "Breezy 5.5" generates approximatley 2 killowatts of power in 6 to 8 mph winds. The machine has a rotor diameter of approximatley 18 feet. Before I go any further I want to state that I am not attacking Prairie Turbines in any way. This is an innocent question. If what they claim is true, then my hat goes off to them. I must addmit, and I think other people will agree that this is a pretty big claim, and I am only trying to gather other people's thoughts about this claim. I have been researching and gathering info on the web about wind turbines for only 2 months. It is my understanding that Prairie Turbines is a reletively small and new company. Their performance claims regarding the "breezy 5.5" put it head and shoulders above any other wind turbine that I have read about, even the ones designed and manufactured by large companys who have been in this bussiness for decades. To my knowlege their claims do not seem possible. Any responses are greatly appriciated.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 09:59:25 PM by (unknown) »