Author Topic: going from one to many  (Read 859 times)

drteknikal

going from one to many
« on: February 16, 2006, 02:55:37 PM »
First, let me sound the newbie warning. I've been looking at the wind generator project in the current issue of Make, and I'm looking to build one. Actually, if it works out, I'd be looking to build several.

Here's my dilemma. Everything I've seen so far is very clear on how to connect a single wind generator to controller and batteries, but what I haven't seen is anything where more than one wind generator is connected. With solar, there seems to be an assumption that everything will be done in parallel to support a number of panels, but what I've seen with wind (so far) is all single generators connected to single controllers.

Can someone point me at resources that explain how to connect multiple wind generators to a single back-end system? Say I wanted to build 24 of the same project and wire them together. How would I do that?

I'm hoping this is a simple answer that's just beyond my introduction so far. I don't need a step-by-step, but a nice block wiring diagram with labeled components would probably answer my questions.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 02:55:37 PM by (unknown) »