Author Topic: WHERE TO CONNECT THE WIND TURBINE, SOLAR PANELS THEN THE DC LOADS & THE BATTERY-METER?  (Read 826 times)

Usman

I am working on a pilot project for an inexpensive stand-alone power system consisted of

i-2 x 48V 1KW wind turbine and a 130wx4 solar array for a small town in Africa to power street lights and a radio transmitter.

ii-I have a 48V Tristar 60A for charge controller, given away by the Morningstar Corporation.

ii-The system has 24kwh or 24 units of 2V-650Ah lead-acid batteries (used ones from another project).

1. -I have one 48V/20A DC Motor load for a cooler, that's required to run 16 hrs a day.
  2. -I have another 13.6V load for running the 35Amps radio transmitter, which has to run for 10 hrs every day.
  3. -Then I have another inverter load, a 700W 48V~220VAC inverter, that has to operate ON & OFF every now and then.(approx 5 hrs a day)
  4. -Finally, I have a 3Ax12V load and 2Ax24V load, they also operate intermittently for a few hours every day.

I would like any help available, as:

A-How to wire the batteries for a 48V pack?

B-Where to connect the Power source on the battery-pack?

C-Where to connect the DC loads?

D-Where to connect the 12V and 24V DC loads?

E-Where to connect the Trimetric Battery-Meter?

I am intending to have a dedicated Breaker for controlling to connect or disconnect both power sources, dedicated breaker to connect each load, as well as a breaker to connect/disconnect the Tristar 60A to the Battery-pack, and a breaker for the DC dump-load (Space Heater).

I would further like to know if am missing any connection here or over-seeing and potential-problem and need to keep in mind any other issue.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Usman.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 08:23:51 PM by (unknown) »