Author Topic: Bergey XL1 grid tie 24v [CLOSED]  (Read 1122 times)

1919zxc

Bergey XL1 grid tie 24v [CLOSED]
« on: August 08, 2008, 10:26:36 PM »
I guess this is the best small one for the money...impossible to say..

Anyway, this is normally used as a battery charge 24v setup.

Anyone know how to go about doing a grid tie, or if thats impossible, is there a way

to plum it into the service breaker box so the house uses the juice from the turbine and blocks any grid juice as long as its putting out..?? Maybe not spinning the meter back but something like that??Any ideas ok..  thanks

This is ridiculous. Ths forum is not a bottle feeding station. It stops now.
[CLOSED]

« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 10:26:36 PM by (unknown) »

kurt

• website
Re: Bergey XL1 grid tie 24v
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 05:03:21 PM »
this post and your last one have been down right silly..... i am relatively confident both Bergey and Lakota make models designed for direct grid tie with a high voltage grid tie inverter like the windy boy. if you had done any serious research you would know that, but instead you seem hell bent to post silly unresearched posts here.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 05:03:21 PM by kurt »

electronbaby

• Windsine.org
Re: Bergey XL1 grid tie 24v
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 05:16:02 PM »
Yes, I agree with Kurt. Some research needs to be done on your part. Anyone familiar with battery based grid tie inverters can do exactly what you want to do. The problem, is that there is a compromise in efficiency using a 24v based system. I have no clue why Bergey has not come out with a grid tie version of the XL.1. A 48v version would be nice too.  If you knew what you are doing, there is no reason why you could not rewind the Bergey turbine to do what you want also.

Please do some more research. I wont even go into why you cant simply wire the turbine into your electrical panel.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 05:16:02 PM by electronbaby »
Have Fun!!!  RoyR KB2UHF