Author Topic: The Chinese are ahead of us??  (Read 1328 times)

umagrama

The Chinese are ahead of us??
« on: June 14, 2009, 10:17:04 PM »
I found this website with Chinese-made wind turbines and I am wondering if they are what they are saying they are and how they do it. Here's the link:

http://www.chinabestproducts.com/generator/generator.htm

The wind turbines they build look more attractive than the ones I've put together (based on Hugh Piggott's design), anyone has an idea of how the generator is designed?

I see that the turbines with a tail boom are on the same axis as the wind turbine, therefore could one assume that it doesn't have a furling system for protection?

Any information about these would enlighten me about these wind turbines; I'm brain storming and maybe it isn't what I think it is...

Much thanks!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:17:04 PM by (unknown) »

umagrama

Re: The Chinese are ahead of us??
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 04:26:02 PM »
Adding another comment about these turbines, I just noticed the rated RPM vs Output power and it seems that they do miracles. At the bottom of the page they have VATs for sale as well -- i'd have a better website publicizing such 'great' and 'innovative' work.

Hmmmm... smells like B.S.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 04:26:02 PM by umagrama »

wpowokal

• Far North Queensland (FNQ) Australia
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 05:17:48 PM »
I can help about how they are designed.. Cheep!!

Fair bit of discussion on the backshed about those

allan down under

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 05:17:48 PM by wpowokal »
A gentleman is man who can disagree without being disagreeable.

xovorp

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 05:22:43 PM »
Yes, some of this is BS but there is some truth, expensive truth, but still truth there.  

I have 2 of these, a 1K that was up on its 20 ft tower for a while and in a large gust I did see 800 watts or so.  It is currently on the ground waiting for a much taller and stronger tower so time will tell.  The other is a 200 watt that a friend bought and I recieved from his estate after he past and is still in my shop, again they need real towers.  For instanse the 200 watt came with 12" pound in pegs for the guy anchors.

The alternators themselves don't look to be all that bad and include slip rings if that matters to you.  The blades arn't the best but others have found ways of making them work better.  Personally, I wouldn't buy one of these again, to much work needed to make them useable.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 05:22:43 PM by xovorp »
Mother Nature for news maker of the year

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 09:04:19 PM »
I would wish them well. The Chinese demand for electricity is so great they are burning dirty coal and building electric plants without proper permits. The more practice they get at this the better off everyone will be.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:04:19 PM by dnix71 »

hvirtane

• About Solar Cooking
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 12:48:02 AM »
I've seen a couple of them. The design is in general ok with furling and all. They seem to have some quality problems. Some wrong materials used and water leaking in...

- hv

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 12:48:02 AM by hvirtane »