Author Topic: pictures of first wind generator parts and data  (Read 1139 times)

picmacmillan

pictures of first wind generator parts and data
« on: November 18, 2004, 06:15:15 PM »

pictured above is my stator, 13" dia.x 1/4" thick plate, coil made of 200 rounds of #18 magnet wire, and stator made up of 12 coils...there is also a photo of a small airplane i made out of 2x4 lumber and old galvanized stove pipe...it has a bicycle bearing to hold the propellor on...i will be making the airplane into a genny this fall.......back to the genny parts....the coils made of #18 magnet wire were 2 hundred rounds....they were each 1 ohm of resistance which was too much...if i had to do it over i would use maybe #15 wire and alot less turns....the plates were good and i put 1" dia. neo.s around the plate 12 magnets per plate, so 24 magnets for my dual rotor machine here......i made the blades as per hugh piggot's book and the closeup shows the "hump"near the root of the blade...i found this hump hard to make as it didn't seem very clear to me in the book as to what it should look like......anyhow, there it is.....i will get some pictures of it put together tomorrow but as it stands it pulls 12 watts or better at about 175 rpm's...i checked it by hand early today and with a few adjustments this is what it puts out......i may change the stator but it works fine the way it is.....i would like to thank many times over, internetfred for giving up his time over and over again to get me this far.....i truely thank him....also, all the members of this board who helped me with my posts....every time i watch this thing fly i will think of your help.......well, i guess its time to fine tune this thing and get on with #2....take care....pickster
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 06:15:15 PM by (unknown) »