Author Topic: Which Altenator to Get or Build  (Read 844 times)

dragracer3247

Which Altenator to Get or Build
« on: February 03, 2005, 12:58:00 AM »
Well this is my first post since I have come on board here, which was about 2 minutes ago. But, What if you had a fan the experinced 70-100 MPH winds, Is there anything that exists that could put that power into batteries. And, could I build it. Thanks -Paul
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 12:58:00 AM by (unknown) »

picmacmillan

Re: Which Altenator to Get or Build
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 07:55:06 PM »
hi paul....70-100 mile an hour winds is pretty strong....your question is very vague..there is windmills and all different types of things out there that can produce electricity...you will have to keep an eye out here until you see something you might like to try...usually someone will start out by making something smaller and more reasonable price wise...you don't want your first project to be too expensive, or dangerous....depending on the amount of energy produced, this could be extremely dangerous....we try to build things that will produce a good amount of electricty in a very low wind speed....so, 70 mile an hour wind would not be what we build these things for...we build them to work well in a typical wind speed and conditions for our particular area....hope this helps...good luck if you decide to go ahead...it's a really good hobby to take up...pickster
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 07:55:06 PM by picmacmillan »

juiced

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 09:02:05 PM »
Welcome to Fieldlines!

I know just how you feel as it wasnt too long ago i was the basically asking the same types of questions.

First things first.

Do you know the differance between 6vdc 12vdc 24vdc 110vac 220vac?

Do you know what an amp is?

Next, learn 'Ohms law'.

And why do you say 70-100 MPH?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 09:02:05 PM by juiced »

John II

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 06:35:59 PM »
That's simple... even I can answer all of those..

Voltage: 6vdc = about 4 flashlight batteries I think.

1. v = 8 of the suckers.
  2. v = I think at least 16 of em.
  3. ac = now that's ridiculous, that would be way to many flashlight batteries.

and "ac" = account credited, if you actually have that many flashlight batteries.

220v = about 147 flash light batteries that you can credit your account with.

" amp " Hey dude... I have plugged more than one guitar into one of those.

"ohm's law" I's a law fun to break. But if you must meditate making the Ooohm sound it's really your choice I think.

70 to 100 mph is just that. what little hair you happen to have is blown straight back... a really stiff breeze for sure.

Hey getting all those questions correct was really easy. I like quizzes.

John II

« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 06:35:59 PM by John II »